Sunday 9 August 2009

A Heavy Night And A Lazy Day!

Today has been a really lazy day for me – after the meal last night I invited a couple of my brothers and a few of my friends around to have a few drinks so we popped to Asda on the way home and picked up some booze. We got a bottle of black Sambuca, a bottle of Southern Comfort, some lager and some cider. All of the alcohol has now gone and it was quite a night!

We ended up having an all nighter and I didn’t go to bed until about 9.30am! I got out of bed just after 2pm as I didn’t want to sleep all day and not be able to sleep tonight. I will be starting the walks with Roman from tomorrow now I have his boots and I can’t wait to get them on him and get out. We haven’t been out at all today – I have not been ill but I have certainly not had the same energy levels that I usually do!

Once we all woke up this afternoon we just sat around watching films and looking at videos on YouTube. I have not had a day like this for ages, I seem to be busy most of the time but it was really nice to just take a complete break from everything for the day and just relax. It will be my last chance to do this before I go as I will need to make sure that everything is sorted before I leave.

I don’t have to go to the dog training class tomorrow as last week was the last session before the summer break. I think I will miss going there – even if I did have a bad track record of actually making it regularly! It was really good for Roman to get interaction with other dogs in a controlled environment and I feel it has helped both him and me.

As today has been such a lazy day there really isn’t much else for me to write about today. Apologies for not having much to say but we all have to have a lazy day from time to time! Weekends tend to have less to write about anyway at the moment as the majority of things are happening during the week when I am able to contact people.

Day Eight

Our eighth day of walking will take us from Dunstable to a place called Cockfosters, just outside of Barnet. The day’s walking will be around 25 miles in total and I think we should be arriving some time around 5pm. The first half of the walk will not really see us go through any decent sized towns but we will be passing through St Albans, London Colney and Potter’s Bar during the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment