Wednesday 8 July 2009

I'm An Idiot!

Well, I’m an idiot! I got up at about 10.30am today and chilled out until about 11.20am having a coffee to wake me up before setting off for the vets with Roman for his 12pm appointment. We arrived a couple of minutes late and spoke with the vet. Roman seems all good now and I have the all clear for the monster walks to start again. I walked him back home and looked at the appointment card and realised his appointment was actually meant to be 1.30pm!

They were really good at the vets though – they didn’t point it out to me, they just saw Roman but they must have thought I was a right idiot! Gemma, the receptionist there, said she is going to talk to the guy who runs the practice and see if they can provide anything free for me as way of sponsorship. We had a nice chat actually for about 20 minutes or so before I left.

I messaged her on Facebook when I realised my mistake saying what an idiot I am – I think she found it rather amusing but she was really nice about it! That’s one of the things I really like about the Storrar practice. They are really genuinely nice people and, best of all, they are genuine animal lovers. Also, it’s a family business that has been going for about 100 years so you know what kind of service and experience you get when you go there.

We tried Roman with the dog boots they had managed to get in but I think they may be a little flimsy for what we are planning to do. The grip on the bottom was pretty thin and, although they were cheap at about £6 a boot, I think they would get ruined pretty quickly given the amount of walking we will be doing. I have seen some that have grip on like a car tyre and reckon they might just do the trick – they’re more expensive but you get what you pay for. Gemma suggested trying to talk to a dog handler in the police force to see what they use so I will be trying that tomorrow.

As Roman now has the all clear I will be getting up nice (ok, not nice) and early in the morning – hopefully 6am tomorrow! It’s going to be a shock to the system though as I haven’t been up that early in quite some time, if you discount the times I have still been up from a night out that is! I want to try and walk 15 miles in the morning with Roman to get back into the rhythm of things. I have a workout planned tomorrow afternoon so we will probably not get the chance to go out again in the evening; if we do it will only be for a short time as I will be knackered!

I saw one of my mates tonight who I have not seen for months, Paul. When I originally told him what I was planning to do he was probably the most enthusiastic and said he would come with me. Unfortunately, Paul is not the best at following through on plans so will not be coming with me! Ah well, I’m sure Roman will be more than enough company!

No comments:

Post a Comment