Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Looks Like We Have A Free Ticket From P&O Ferries!

I’m afraid today I have managed to achieve pretty much nothing at all! As my brother was staying over last night and was here all day I didn’t really have the chance to get on the phone – it’s awkward anyway as he is quite noisy and he was watching DVDs all day. Instead, I have had a pretty lazy day but will be getting straight back into things tomorrow – I have not even done any Italian today!

I got an email this morning from Natalie at P&O Ferries about the ticket. It appears that they will, in fact, supply me with a ticket – I just need to send a few details over to them such as the names of the passengers and the times and date that we will need the ticket for. I’m really pleased with that – as I have said before, it’s not a massive amount of money but it is always nice when a company is prepared to help you out in a way such as this.

I have spoken to my friend tonight and he is definitely prepared to take me over on the ferry and I have also been trying to persuade him to just come with me – it would obviously be very handy for me to have a friend in a car to transport all of the stuff we will need to take but I think it would be a fantastic opportunity for him too. I will keep badgering him in the hope that he will agree but I am not convinced he will.

I also got an email back this evening from somebody who works at a national newspaper. After the fiasco with Simon I decided to try and contact the newspaper in question myself and sent an email off a few days ago. I am not sure whether he had really spoken to anybody there but I have received a reply from one of their guys asking me for more information. This will be at the top of my list tomorrow morning as this sort of publicity could really help me to achieve the targets I have set myself.

Roman’s paw seems to be getting better but I have still not taken him out. I am so paranoid about it at the moment you just wouldn’t believe! I will see how it is tomorrow and probably take him over to the field around the corner from me so he can charge around like a crazy dog and expend some of this pent up energy he has. Hopefully, being extra careful like this will help it to clear up and everything will be ok soon with a bit of luck.

Talking of paws, I haven’t heard anything back yet about his dog boots. I will see if there has been a response by tomorrow afternoon and then try and establish a contact with the company in question on the phone if there has been no contact. Again, the monetary value of the boots is not particularly large but if a company could provide them as a donation then this would be a really nice gesture and I would happily promote their company on my blog in return.

I managed to get a jog and a workout in tonight with Nathan – it’s the first time we have done that in a couple of weeks. It’s hard to keep up that kind of program when you are already walking 15 miles a day but it seemed like a good time to get back into it with my exercise levels being so low due to Roman’s paw. We will be jogging everyday this week – we did 3 and a half miles today but will be doing at least 5 miles a day for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment