Thursday 9 July 2009

We're In The Papers!

Shock horror! I didn’t get up at 6am! I got out of bed at about 9.30am but I was awake at 6am – I fell back asleep though (I know, that doesn’t sound like me!). We set off on our walk just after 10am and were back in the house by 2pm after a gruelling 15 miles. It’s a bit of a shock to the system when you haven’t walked that kind of distance in a while but I feel much better now I have done it.

The weather wasn’t particularly great today but that probably helped rather than hindered us. It was a little windy and, although the sun was lingering somewhere, there was a little too much cloud about for it to be a sunny day. Still, I only had a t-shirt on and didn’t feel particularly cold at any point. It’s better for Roman anyway when it is like that as he doesn’t get knackered from being too hot!

Nathan turned up here just after 3pm and took me to do the month’s shopping. It’s nice to have a full fridge, freezer and cupboards – there’s so much to choose from now! I have gone into overdrive though with the saturated fat thing. I am now drinking red top Cravendale milk – every time I had a protein shake I was consuming about 10g of saturated fat! I am hoping that by doing this it will help me turn my belly into a six pack quicker!

I had some cracking news today – my story has been published in 3 local newspapers, all on the same day. The Chester Chronicle, Chester Evening Leader and Chester Standard have all published the story! The Chester Evening Leader and Chester Standard are part of the same group so have exactly the same story but the Chester Chronicle is separate so has a different slant on it.

I am really pleased about this – not only is it great that I now have media coverage that will hopefully help to swell the support I am receiving but it also adds a little bit of weight to my legitimacy. In the modern world where cons happen all the time it is little wonder that people look at what I am doing sceptically but hopefully this will help to reiterate how serious I am to people.

On another note, the publications mean that I can now get a press release together. I have taken the best bits from each story and edited here and there and now have a press release that I can send to other local newspapers, national newspapers and magazines. I am hoping that this will make it easier to get my story published elsewhere as they will have little or no work to do to publish it.

I did a workout with Nathan again tonight but, I have to say, I am a bit disappointed. I have had a bad headache most of the day and just didn’t seem to have the same strength today as I had on Tuesday. I struggled to lift the same weights I was lifting then and finished feeling a little wound up. I never knew a headache could affect you so much! Still, there’s always Saturday!

I’m just about to do myself something to eat, watch an episode of The Wire – I was recently recommended this program by someone and, I have to say, I am totally hooked! – and then get myself ready for bed so I can be up nice and early. I am determined to get into the routine of going to bed early and getting up early so we are prepared for when we leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment