Monday 29 June 2009

1 Day Left!!

Well, it’s nearly here. Tomorrow will be my last day at work before I am officially a man of leisure! I have been looking forward to this day for quite some time and will make sure I appreciate it fully for what it represents. In effect, tomorrow signals the end of an era and the beginning of a whole new chapter in my life. Nothing will ever be the same after tomorrow.

It’s surprising how quickly it comes round really. It only seems like yesterday I typed up my resignation letter and began posting on my blog but it has been five weeks already! I am sure that the next seven or eight weeks are going to fly by too and I will have to make sure I am as organised as possible if I am to achieve everything I want to before I go.

I rang the vets this morning and booked Roman in for Wednesday lunchtime. I have the interview with the Chester Chronicle at 12pm so thought I may as well kill two birds with one stone and head off to the vets afterwards. I am keeping my fingers crossed that whatever it is is not serious but am also preparing myself for the worst eventuality so that I am ready to deal with whatever happens.

I took Roman out on the field with Nathan today to have a game of football – he loves chasing up and down after the ball and tends to get tired out within about twenty minutes. To expend the same energy by walking we would probably have to walk for at least an hour if not two so it is a quick way of making sure he gets his daily exercise.

I have decided to go to football training tomorrow night with the team I was playing with last season. I will not be playing with them next season but I will be at a loose end and it’s always good to have a game of football – especially seeing as it helps with the fitness! It will be nice to catch up with the lads as I have not seen a lot of them in a couple of months now.

I spent most of this evening round at my brother’s (Rich) house with Roman. He has a little boy called Reece who absolutely loves Roman and he was devastated he couldn’t play with him because Roman was knackered after football. They go together really well and Roman is really good around kids.

It really is a shame that so many irresponsible Rottweiler owners have contributed to the negative perception towards the breed. They really are excellent family dogs in the right hands. Don’t get me wrong, I would never leave him with Reece unsupervised, but then again I would never leave any child with any dog at all. I trust Roman 100% but people should realise that, essentially, a dog is an animal and can react in a way that we deem unacceptable at any time, regardless of the breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment