Friday 12 June 2009

I'm Frustrated!

Whoever thought it would be such hard work to publicise something like this? I have been trying so hard to raise interest in what I am doing – often spending countless hours online sending messages to people in the hope that they will take an interest. I am beginning to think that I am going about things the wrong way though! Has anyone else ever tried to publicise something on a very large scale? If so, how did you go about it?

I am feeling rather frustrated with things at the moment but only because I never seem to have enough time to do everything I want. I am determined to be at peak fitness when I leave so have been doing lots of exercise recently and that has taken up a fair bit of my time. Work obviously takes a lot of my time at the moment and life in general just seems to get in the way!

The Facebook group I started seems to have slowed right down – there are currently 757 members and about 1800 invitations outstanding but the growth seems to have levelled out somewhat! I am really unsure as to the best way to get things moving in the right direction again.

I suppose once I finish work it will probably become a lot easier. After all, I will have plenty of time to sort everything out and I will be able to get in contact with organisations that may be able to help greatly in publicising this. The big problem at the moment is that I work office hours and these are generally the only times that I would be able to speak to the necessary people.

I really can’t wait to finish now and, even though there are only another 13 working days to go, it feels like it’s never going to end! I know that is silly but it’s just frustrating to have so many plans and so little time to carry them out.

I went for a jog again with my mate, Nath, and Roman. Nath did much better tonight – he managed to get the whole way around without stopping. We then did a work out for an hour or so and we are planning to do the same tomorrow. I am determined to have a six pack when I leave and am hoping to have the best tan in the world when I get there to go with it!

I made a decision this week to completely change my diet and went shopping and bought absolutely loads of chicken, frozen vegetables, rice, pasta, etc. If I want to be in peak condition I guess I need to make sure that I cut out the fatty food and ensure my body is getting plenty of carbohydrates to give me the energy to do everything and plenty of protein to aid my recovery. I just need to cut out the pasties for lunch and the crisps and chocolate I seem to be snacking on everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment