Thursday 4 June 2009

Today Was A Non-Starter!

Well today was a little disappointing to be honest. I didn’t manage to speak to a single charity as I was too busy in work and I have not been able to set anything up on the Just Giving website yet! I am determined to get this sorted this week but there are 2 charities that aren’t signed up for Just Giving at the moment so I will have to get them to do that before I can get the page up for them.

Managed to jog 5 miles with Roman tonight so was pretty happy with that  - we managed it in 30 minutes too! Not done that kind of pace for a long time! My fitness has come on leaps and bounds in the past few weeks and I feel more than ready to be taking on the walking now. 15 mile walks don’t even bother me anymore.

I have spent another 6 hours on Facebook tonight and must have sent another thousand requests out to people asking them to join my group and support the cause. It can be quite disheartening at times as so many of them are ignored but when you see the numbers popping up with members from all over the world it makes it worthwhile again.

I have noticed members joining from all different countries as a result of my invitations and that is probably a good thing as, hopefully, the group will now be more readily accessible to a more diverse audience and hopefully things will take off before long.

The group has only increased by about 50 members in the last 24 hours and I was hoping for a more rapid growth than that. Still, there are 1,249 invitations still outstanding so hopefully a few more of these will become members. I guess I will just have to keep plugging away at this. I think tomorrow I will try and post my link into as many groups as possible and see if that helps.

I had to work until 6pm again today so the evening has really flown by for me. Again I haven’t eaten until late – I had chicken breast, boiled rice and peas and that went down a treat after the 5 mile run. I seem to watch my diet a lot more these days – I can’t remember the last time I had chips!

Luckily I am only working until 5pm tomorrow – lucky as I am nearly out of dog food so I will be able to go and pick some more up. I also need to do some shopping for the month ahead but always feel mean if I do it on a night when I work later as Roman is stuck at home on his own all day and I don’t like to leave him in the evenings – that’s a bit sad really but I have down turned loads of invitations from people because I don’t like to leave him in the week!

Yet again, the agenda tomorrow will revolve around charities. I will make it my mission to dig out the phone numbers for each of the charities and actually speak to them so I can get the ball rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment