Thursday 11 June 2009

14 Working Days To Go!!

I have still not heard anything back off Jennie from the Rottweiler Welfare Association or PayPal so I will have to get on the phone to them both tomorrow and see if I can sort the charity stuff out once and for all. I just can’t wait to have that part sorted out as I am sure that there will be plenty of donations forthcoming for both causes.

It’s hard to believe that in 14 days I will no longer have to go to work – at any point in my life I think I would be worried about what I was going to do for money and how I would be bored but now I know that I will have plenty to do as there is so much to organise before I leave.

I need to go and see the estate agents this week too. I am a little concerned that I have only had 1 viewing – and they didn’t even show up – despite the house being on the market for about a month. I feel the house is priced very competitively so I can’t understand why there has not been more interest. Also, whenever I speak to them on the phone they seem to give me vague answers and I am interested to find out exactly how much they have done to market my house and see what the reasoning is behind people not being interested – they must give a reason surely?

I have made some headway this week at work with some of the work I have to handover. For those of you who don’t know I am an assistant business strategist for a debt purchasing company. I am responsible for quite a lot of reporting and I have to rewrite it all in SQL and handover to someone before I leave on the 30th June. There is quite a lot of work to do to make this happen but I feel more and more confident every time I use it – I have only been using SQL for a short time but I tend to pick things up pretty quickly.

I think it is going to be a little weird the first day I don’t have to go into work. I have worked really hard over the past 6 or 7 years and on countless occasions have worked 60 – 70 hour weeks. I have always been a very self driven person so it will be weird but I am sure that I will transfer this quality to the task ahead fairly quickly.

I am looking forward to being able to get up in the morning and walk 10 miles with the dog before lunchtime each day. I have already decided that I will use the middle part of the day to try and contact businesses to try obtain sponsorship and liaise with organisations relevant to the cause. It’s probably going to be the busiest part of my life to be honest with there being so much to think about.

I managed to get 3 people to log into Facebook today so I could invite all of their friends to my group so I have sent out about 1000 invites to the group in total today! Hopefully this should help to build up numbers as the progress has definitely slowed down a little. I also decided to send a message out to all of the group members to ask them to invite all of their friends – I know I said I was going to wait until I got nearer 1000 members but I’m impulsive!

I really can’t wait to get things moving now and am already looking forward to the day when I have a job over there and somewhere to live and I am able to start inviting people over for the weekend – I am hoping I have enough takers to have someone over pretty much every weekend of the year but we’ll have to wait and see on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment