Friday 26 June 2009

I'm Looking Forward To A Nice Relaxing Weekend!

I am so glad that this week is over! I now have a relaxing weekend ahead planned followed by 2 more days of work before I can really throw myself into my plans for my walk. I have an interview arranged for Wednesday lunchtime with the Chester Chronicle and I am really looking forward to that. I am hopeful that this may lead to a little more exposure with other media sources but I will just have to see what happens there.

I spoke with Richard from the estate agents again today and, although interest has risen slightly since I dropped the price, the interest is still nowhere near the level needed to achieve a sale. He reckons that there needs to be a 9 or 10% click-through rate on Right Move from people whose searches result in my property being displayed to have enough interest to spark a sale. The previous level was about 3% and it is now at about 4%. This means I may have to consider reducing the price again to get the interest going.

It’s a difficult position to be in as every time I lower the price it means I have lost more money. Even at the £99,950 the house is on the market for now I will have lost about £7,000 so if I reduce it to £94,950 like I am being recommended to then it means I will already have lost £12,000 and that is assuming that I manage to get the asking price!

I managed to get a workout in tonight and Nathan agreed to do one with me. It was quite funny actually as he really struggled to keep up! By the end of the workout he was in quite a bit of pain with his back – not from weights, believe it or not, but from leg raises! It’s a testament as to how far my fitness has come since last year as I couldn’t keep up with him fitness wise back then but now I am miles ahead!

I suppose the fact that I have a clear motivation probably helps though as I am really determined to get into really good shape by the time I leave in August. Above all, I am determined to get a six pack! Call me vain but I will just feel more comfortable walking around with my top off in the sun if I have a buff body with no flabby bits anywhere.

Once I had finished killing Nathan I got my brother, Rich, to come for a game of football with me and Roman. It was raining a little but it was nice to be honest as it was still warm and I was all hot and bothered from the workout. We played football for about half an hour – it never takes longer than that to tire Roman out – and then headed back to Rich’s for a couple of hours.

I was made an offer this week to stay on a little longer at work. They wanted me to commit to stick around for another couple of weeks but, although it was a fairly decent offer, I decided to turn them down. I feel that I have now come to a point in my life where I am ready to draw a line in the sand and move on with the next phase of my life. Also, I have made plans to meet with people and want to ensure that I allow myself plenty of time to make all of the necessary arrangements.

I like to think that I am a man that stands by my decisions – when my mind is made up it is rarely changed unless I am shown to be wrong. I think it’s important to act in such a way, even if it can ultimately be a bad thing for you. One of the reasons I put my notice in without a buyer for the house was that I felt dishonest taking wages when I knew I was not fully committed to the job and I feel the same about any extension of my employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment